Question

Cancel return to inventory from RMA

• 27 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi 

Is it possible to reverse or cancel if you have already received the quantities from an RMA?

We did the ‘Receive parts’ in the RMA line, but afterwards saw that the quantity in the RMA was wrong, so we have returned back too much in the inventory.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Stalmans94 You cannot reverse or cancel the returns once you receive from the RMA. You can count out the quantity  or scrap the quantity. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Stalmans94 , 

Perhaps the following steps will assist to undo the RMA that has been received.

1. Select RMB option "Receive Scrap and Return into Inventory" for this line.

2. In the dialog box, enter the minus amount of the quantity received in the field "New Received" and press Apply.

3. This should bring back the
RMA line to "Released" status.

4. If you wish you can delete the RMA line and then the header.

Regards,

Anushi

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Rasika Lakmal yes I can do a count out to correct my inventory, but I still want a correct credit note towards my customer. 

@Anushi Seneviratne I don’t have this option if I do RMB on the RMA line...

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Stalmans94 , 

Unfortunately there is no functionality to cancel an RMA that has already been received. In latest IFS versions, you can scrap parts or receive parts into inventory by RMB options in the Return Material Lines. 

Regards,

Anushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If the credit invoice is still in preliminary status, you can remove the invoice and create a new invoice with correct amounts. Otherwise you may need to create manual invoice to correct it.