Apps 9 - Can i create a pop-up message which fires depending on supplier on the manual supplier invoice screen?

• 25 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have a request from the AP team to have a pop-up message if particular suppliers are used in the manual supplier invoice entry screen.

We have some suppliers who give settlement discounts, based on the type of invoice/product or service purchased so want to make sure the entry clerk follows those instructions.

Is there any functionality in IFS that already does this? Am assuming at the moment, that I would need a custom logical unit which had the supplier identity and message required, and then an event would be needed that checks on the lu and if it finds an entry its displayed. Am hoping there is an easier way to achieve?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I believe you are on the right track as the only solution. That is a custom table listing the suppliers whom fit this exception OR a custom field on each supplier to tag them as such.  Then a custom event that fires after the update of the Supplier field on the MSI to determine whether the message should pop up based on the exception list or CF tag.  Nothing out of the box or easier that I’m aware of to achieve the intent.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks, I have created a custom event which is firing well :)