Solved

Adding Custom Fields from other view

• 13 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are using Apps10.

I want to add a custom field to the Count per inventory part screen.  When you go to add a custom field you are taken to the the Inventory part in stock custom field page.  The custom field I want to add has already been created in the part in stock screen, but I am not able to show these custom fields in the count screen.

I thought it would be as easy as adding the view to approval detailed views and approving it. It allows me to do this.

The issue comes when I go back to custom fields and attempt to Synchronise, then the error message below is displayed.  

Am I missing something or doing something incorrectly?

Thanks

Darren

icon

Best answer by darren j turner 18 October 2023, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @darren j turner 

Is this a read-only custom field?

You can check the error from debug console → Server trace or PLSQL Details tab (if you are familiar with it)

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @EntNadeeL 

I have used the debug console and it does not give me any further information that I can see from the error message.  On further investigation it appears the CFV view is not available.  I think I need to either publish this somewhere, or it need to be granted to IFSAPP/IFSINFO.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is there a scheduled event or database task that grants access CFV’s, as none of the CFV’s listed in this screens approved detail views can be approved, but will fail in publishing.  It is also worth noting that when selecting all from these views in SQL developer that it appears the views do not exist.

Thanks

Darren

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have found the issue and worked around this to add the approved detail view I wanted.  There was a referenced custom field that was not present in the new view I wanted to add.  I found this by unapproving all of the custom fields.  This then allowed me to add the detail view and publish it.

I was then able to add the custom fields back in one at a time to identify the problem one.  The referenced field was the issue.  Fortunately this field is no longer required by us, but if it was it would then need to be fetched using a system API.