Question

Export Results of Full Page Report to Excel

• 28 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

We have several Fixed-format reports we would like to have exportable.  Currently, users of the report only have the option to print the results to a PDF format.  Because we are a SaaS customer, we do not have access to the internal functions of BIRT, SQL, or the reporting server.  I’m hoping there is a setting I may have missed.  Thanks!

7 replies

Badge +3

So I am guessing you are talking about the IFS Order reports/Operational reports. By default these are only available in pdf format. However, after they are generated you can create a quick report that selects the from their underlying table/view, and then export that quick report to excel.

For example. Say wanted to export the customer ledger age analysis order report to excel. First I would go to order report screen to run it. Data for it would be generated in the underlying view, and you could see the result key for it in the report archive. Then I would then have already created a quick report with something like select * from cust_age_analysis_rep where result_key = (select max(result_key) from ifsapp.cust_age_analysis_rep). This will get you the most recent result key of data for that report. Can then export that quick report to excel. To figure out what view the order report uses, go to the report definitions screen, and can find it there, it’s the report id and always has the format _rep at the end.

If you wanted to automate it all the way, I have created formatted excel reports that do this all in one step, using SSRS reports but this requires a lot more custom development. Steps are

1. Create a stored procedure that will run the related IFS order report RPI procedure to generate the data. 
  2. Create a sys_refcursor in stored proc and make a select statement from the view that has the newly generated data.
  3. create an SSRS report that has an Oracle stored procedure as a datasource using the new procedure you created, and then add that SSRS report into IFS quick reports.

I did this with SSRS on prem, but I think if you have Power BI you should be able to do the same thing using a paginated report in app.powerbi.com in theory.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@PerkinsJ I assume you are using a BIRT report uploaded to IFS assyst (@bpfrenchak this is a channel for IFS assyst reporting only) You should have the option to select HTML, PDF, XLS, XLSX and CSV (the last requires you select a table for the section if the sections have been setup) See https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-5Wiki/index.php/Report_Wizard#Viewing_a_Report_Result for details.

(Please note that Page Size and Page Format only works if previewing a report from the report design not if are viewing a saved report result.)

Badge +3

@paulc Sorry about that, didn’t realize it. Thanks for the heads up.

Badge +4

Thanks Paul.  I appreciate the reply.  Although we can export in tabular formats for Reports that we create in the Report Wizard, the same options are not available when we select a Full Page report that shows under Reporting menu.  Unlike report wizard reports that have the Run Report button with full exportable options, these reports simply display the results and only have the standard print options available in Window.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@PerkinsJ, unfortunately export support was never made available for reports through the dashboard mechanism (which includes Full-Page reports). You will be getting basic browser printing options only. I suggest you add that as an idea in the ideas section of this site (https://community.ifs.com/ideas)

Badge +4

Thanks again for the response.  i have added that as an idea.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@PerkinsJ which report files are behind those full page reports?

Most of the old full page reports where re-written as Fixed Design Report Wizard reports.