Question

Annual reporting

• 2 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi, we’re running on-prem Assyst 10sp7 and I need to run some stats against change, request and incident numbers and resolution times.

I’ve tried using the reporting section but not getting the level of detail I need from the reports available to me. I thought I would just download the raw data into excel and create some pivot tables but the event search seems to be limited to 4000 records. Is there another way I can create these reports or get the raw data out?

Thanks

Matt

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

You could try connecting your spreadsheet or Microsoft PowerBI to your database as a source and using Power Query to filter out your results. I used to do this with a previous ITSM tool.

Tutorial: Connect to on-premises data in SQL Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Badge

Thanks Steve do you know if there is documentation on the table structure of Assyst so I can define what tables/views I need to connect to?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I’ve not had to go as far back as v10 in the Wiki before but found this.

Badge

Perfect thanks for your help

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, we’re running on-prem Assyst 10sp7 and I need to run some stats against change, request and incident numbers and resolution times.

I’ve tried using the reporting section but not getting the level of detail I need from the reports available to me. I thought I would just download the raw data into excel and create some pivot tables but the event search seems to be limited to 4000 records. Is there another way I can create these reports or get the raw data out?

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt, (@mgswills)

I am interesting in knowing what type of data you were looking to get and what was missing when you said “I’ve tried using the reporting section but not getting the level of detail I need from the reports available to me.

I may be able to point you at an out-of-the-box report that provides what you are after or at least know what we could add.

With Kind Regards,

Paul Cooper

IFS assyst Software Engineer/Report Designer

IFS ESM BU