Solved

ETM - Get Correct Section Department

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We have created an ETM Channel where we are creating new Items. To create an Item we need to provide Section-Department. Everything works fine until we try to provide NULL Department for Section Department.

Example: Section-Department “ABC-” already exist in Database. But when we are trying to fetch it from ETM it returns all the Section Departments that has Section as “ABC”.

icon

Best answer by Paul McCulloch 14 March 2023, 12:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I have never been able to search on a null value on the ETM, however there is a possible workaround.

In my trials, I tend to find that the search lists are in id order and the ‘unknown-’ record is first. If this is the same for you then you could use something similar to the screen shot below.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

assyst doesn’t usually store null values - instead it uses a record with id 0. You can find these records by doing a short code search for the special value EMPTY_RECORD (without quotes):

https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-5Wiki/index.php/Integrations:assystETM_1.6_-_Data_Mapping#Empty_Records

Alternatively you can explicitly identify the 0 record for the Department as an expression:

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Steve Miller @Paul McCulloch 

Thank you so much for helping :)