Solved

AssystETM: importing data from Assyst

• 13 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello 

I was wondering if there is anyway to make AssystETM/iPaas search for the tickets on Assyst to fetch and modify the content without the need to upload the data by csv file.

I am trying to create a channel for Bulk update, although I’m not sure what is the proper configuration for the channel,

currently we are using csv files, to upload the reference and reflect the changes.

icon

Best answer by Paul McCulloch 13 July 2023, 13:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

You can create a channel with a source which searches assyst for events matching certain criteria. The source to use is “HTTP(S) Request”. See https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Integrations:assystETM_1.6_-_Channel_Configuration#Source

Alternatively you can use a channel with the Timer source to generate a message periodically. The channel would require 2 mappers. The first would define a ‘variable assyst search’ field to fetch the events to work on. The second would update those events - the channel definition would include an iteration expression to repeat the second mapper for each event retrieved in the 1st mapper. 

The 1st option is simpler, though does require some understanding of the assyst REST API. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you Paul,  That’s very helpful.

I have an understanding of Assyst RESTAPI but I cannot find HTTPS on available options, 

I do recall there was other options in previous versions such as JSON and other options.

we are running on AssystETM 1.5

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

It’s a 1.6 feature. Option 2 will work in 1.5 - but I wouldn’t recommend it for large numbers of events.

For 1.5 I’d probably use a PowerShell (or whatever) script to pull the data from assyst and then push that to an ETM remote upload channel.