Question

Wrong SLA resolution time after updating holiday plan

• 18 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

I’ve noticed that when a holiday is removed from a holiday plan, extra SLA time is added to events which were open before the date of the just removed holiday.

For example, let’s suppose event X was logged on april 30th (2022-04-30) and there’s a holiday on may, 1st (2022-05-01).  

On may 3rd (2022-05-03) the holiday plan of the event’s SLA gets updated and may,1st is removed from the holiday plan.

On may 4th (2022-05-04) event X is resolved and closed and its resolution time will take into account may 1st working hours, despite its clock effectively being stopped as of may 1st.

I know this example is somewhat extreme, but we noticed that effect on long standing tickets, which take more time to be resolved. I guess that’s because the resolution time is calculated when the event is resolved, taking into account only the current holiday plan. Holidays which were in place when the event was open, but were removed from the holiday plan before its closure will have the corresponding time added to the resolution time.

Any ideas on how to handle this ? As of now, I worked around it via a custom query to manually calculate resoution times, based on the holidays I get from the HR system, losing the ability to accurately track SLA resolution times on assyst.

2 replies

Badge +2

Well, I see it like this: Usually a "contract" is not changed into the past.

If it does (knowingly or error correction), all(!) affected processes should be re-evaluated.

Workaround: New regulation, new contract (== new SLA).

Old processes would be calculated with the old rules (SLA), all new processes with new rules.
So I assume "works as designed".

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Well, I see it like this: Usually a "contract" is not changed into the past.

(...)".

That’s exactly what I’m trying to achieve: if a ticket is open during a holiday, then no SLA time should be added to its resolution time, right?

However, whenever there’s a need to update the underlying SLA’s holiday plan, for whatever reason, it makes past events, which were open by the time of the changed/removed holidays, get additional SLA resolution time added to them whenever those events are resolved/closed!