Question

Updating title custom form via assystETM

• 7 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

We’ve just built a tabular version of impact explorer that we’d like to be linked from events’ forms. Therefore, I created a custom field of type title that I intended to update with an hyperlink to that external report that receives item’s id as an input parameter via its URL.

However, assystETM does not seem to allow me to update those title fields directly, even giving me a warning when I try to do so:

Is there any way around this via ETM ? Or any other alternative which would enable me to create a dynamic hyperlink from inside my event forms to external URLs based on the form’s item id ?

Regards,

Otmar

3 replies

Badge +3

Hey Otmar, 

To have a better understanding of what you are trying to achieve, I would recommend to log a support ticket regarding this. Helpful may be a configuration export to see the full build of the channel and data mapper.

However for the error you are seeing I would recommend to see the following Wiki page about custom fields in ETM:
https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Integrations:assystETM_1.6_-_Data_Mapping#Accessing_Custom_Field_Data

Also I would recommend to delete ETM cache by navigating to the 'Platform:About' menu and press the relevant button.
To clear assyst go to the list of assyst sessions (in assyst web) and delete any sessions for ETM/IPaaS.
This may then remove any custom form definitions held in cache by IPaaS or assyst.

Kind regards, 
Patricia

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Patricia,

I reviewed and I noticed that I’ve mistranslated the field’s type name. I want to update caption fields (which I erroneously called title fields in my original post), after creating them as explained in https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Installation:Creating_a_Caption_Step_by_Step

From the table in the Wiki page, it seems caption fields are not available to read and update from assyst ETM. 

I wish I could update a caption field from assystETM so I’d be able to update the caption field with an hyperlink to an external report based on the current item. That would greatly enhance usability.

I guess that because they’re meant to be read-only and not gather any data from end-users, they are not available in assystETM. However, I think a have nice use case for them with assystETM.

Badge +3

Hey otmarmp, 

Apologies for the late reply regarding this issue.

I can confirm this is currently not a feature that is available. 
I would recommend to add this to the idea section in the community so this can be considered for future releases.
Find the link to the section here
Here the steps to do so:
1) Describe your idea with as much details as possible
2) Populate 'assyst' in the Product area and the Tags fields before saving
3) Click Create!

Kind regards, 
Patricia