Solved

Service Designer, Link Moving

• 30 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

In the Service Designer I want to reorder the Service Link entries.  However, when I try (either by drag-and-drop or using the hotkeys) the ‘Outdated Data’ message box appears and the changes aren’t made.  Sometimes it shows that the move has been completed, but when the Service Designer is reloaded or when I log into the Self-Service Portal to see they actually aren’t.  I can reorder the Offerings without an issue.

There’s no one else using the Service Designer or logged into the application (as this is being done in test at the moment) so there’s no user conflict possibility.

How can the Service Links be reordered, please?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Wood 31 January 2023, 13:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Reordering catalogue links ‘should’ be drag and drop exercise (as you say) with the catalogue link reasons being subject to sort order fields in their config.

But…. I do remember uncovering an issue when testing one of the versions in the 11.4 series that produced similar behaviour and prevented new links from being added. I pinpointed it to having system fields dragged into the custom field area in the customiser (specifically, itemB).

It might be worth a try. I will give it  go in our test environment next time I am in there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Steven I’ve had a quick look at this. The “Outdated Data” error appears to be a bug from what I can see.

I seem to be able to cause it by moving an offering to the last position in the sort order, if I avoid doing that I can get the order I want without much issue. Not a great workaround, but it should let you do what you’re trying to do here.

If you haven’t already I’d suggest logging this with the Support team to get it investigated properly.

Cheers,
Robert