Question

Sending Attachments In SmartMail

• 18 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m trying to use SmartMail to send all files in a folder but can’t seem to get it to work using this line of code.

-- include_files = [[{
                    -- app = AXIOS_BASE .. "\\Data\\Attachments\\",
                -- }]],

I can’t figure out what the wild card is to include all files in the folder.  If I explicitly state the file name the email with the attachment sends, but if I leave it blank or try any variation of wildcards, I just get an error Invalid email 'include_files' entry: no file exists with title.  The email still sends but no attachments.  The files can be in any format, .pdf, .xlsx, .csv, etc…

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +1

I am not sure if you have the double dash when you done your testing as this comments out the line.

here is the example from the wiki:

https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Integrations:SmartMail_Manual#Attachments_Configuration:~:text=your%20Outlook%20client.-,Attachments%20Configuration,-The%20assyst%20Portal

Badge

Hi Andrew,

Yes I know it was commented out 😃

I’ve tried that method in the Wiki but it still requires that I specify the exact file name.  The issue I have is the attachment names are dynamic as well as the number of attachments.  Just wondering if there is a way to do a catch all.