Question

Resolve Service Requests in Bulk

• 17 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hello 

Are there a method to resolve and close all active SR,CR,Incidents. that are attached with a workflow without closing each task manually?, 

So I have found dozen of unresolved incidents, Service Requests, and incidents, 

which was resolved but the tasks were not updated (resolved/closed)

I couldn’t do a bulk change on them given the fact that all of them have multiple unresolved tasks 

Currently the only way to close the requests with one click is through state actions >> Withdraw  but unfortunately that doesn’t meet our requirements to complete the workflow as it withdraw the process and closes the record as withdrawn, is there anything similar that automate the process and resolve all the tasks it would even be better if it continue the workflow. 

alternatively 

is it possible to create any type of automation on Assyst that does this? any ideas would be appreciated. Action Processor/ AssystETM, I am aiming to make it available for end-users

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Can you not just get all of the tickets (tasks, incidents, requests, etc) into a single event monitor (or better yet, link them all together in a single Linked Event Group) and then just take the Resolved or Close action on all of them at once? You may have to do it a few times as when one task/stage is closed, it may spawn new tasks, depending on your workflow/process.

I do like the idea of just being able to close all of the sub tasks of a ticket but without closing the parent ticket.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Can you please clarify the following:

Are the tasks still open and not in the resolved / closed state and the workflow has reached the last stage of the workflow?

Thanks,

Dimitri

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Are the tasks still open and not in the resolved / closed state and the workflow has reached the last stage of the workflow?

Thanks,

No, 

For an example if the workflow looks like this
Service Request > Task1 > Task2 > Decision > Task3 > Task4 > Complete
or 

Service Request> Task1>Task2>Task3>Task4>Complete

some request were already approved and executed and am stuck with a lot of requests 
that are still on the “Task1” or “any Task”

what I need is to resolve all service requests but unfortunately it cannot be done unless if all childs/tasks are resolved/closed so I was looking if it is possible to resolve all the child tasks in bulk.

as you know another task is created once the previous task is resolved which just unrealistic to deal with.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Abdullah,

I think that your workflows have been created without mandatory tasks. this will allow you to move the workflow to the next stage without the previous tasks being set to resolved or closed. Should people be able to do this?

I just tested the following on my own local environment (assyst 11.6.3):

stage1 2 tasks > stage 2, 1 task> complete stage.
I logged a ticket and task 1 and 2 were created. Instead of resolving these tasks I started Stage 2. This generated 1 more task. I resolved this task and this moved the workflow to the complete stage and at that time I was allowed to close the parent ticket. The 2 tasks from the first stage remained open of course:

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you Dimitri ,

Yes, this is exactly my issue,

although in my case I believe main record will remain open unless all tasks are resolved but that no issue for me my issue is with the opened subtasks that remains open because of a jump on a workflow

I have tried to resolve it myself
so I was able to partially configure the rule to work as intended but there is a missing link 
I can get all linked events if I provide the “linked event group ID”

which I got from 

and it will display all linked events and I can access the event ID from there 

but I am stuck unfortunately as I couldn’t find anything that links any event with the linked group id using AssystETM

I searched multiple Resources “ Event,LinkedEvent,LinkedEventGroup… 
but I couldn’t find resource that will provide me with the group ID if I provided the event ID or the list  of linked events as previous image. 

any thoughts?

as a workaround
I have tried to get the linked events through API as mentioned in

https://wiki.axiossystems.com/assyst11-6Wiki/index.php/Integrations:assystREST_More_Examples#Searching_for_Linked_Events

Error “/assystREST/v2/linkedEventGroups?linkEventId=10010779&fields=linkedEvents.linkedEvent”

<diagnostic>Invalid Lookup Parameter: linkEventId</diagnostic>

on ETM there is no option to search by event ID and get information about linked events 

but it works if I have the ID from linkedEventGroups which I cannot get by eventID

what I am trying to do with the rule is

to take actions on provided EventID/UserReference’ links -Tasks-

event ID> linked events> ….>actions

or 

event ID > group event id> linked event>….>actions

any thoughts ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Can you please answer this question first:
Should people be able to jump in a workflow?

Thanks,

Dimitri

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

Can you please answer this question first:
Should people be able to jump in a workflow?

Thanks,

Dimitri

Yes.

Closing all attached tasks on the workflow takes longer and sometimes longer than executing the request it self, which increase the workload on our service desk, we have allowed them temporarily to jump on the workflow to the completion stage.