Question

Process Designer (Category Expressions)

• 3 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

While the ticket is logged, and process is running I am able to edit the process and enter this Substitution Keyword to bring the Event Category but when doing this to new process before logging a ticket, it does not accept this keyword. Any Solution?

2 replies

Badge

I tried to reproduce and I am not getting the same error message: “Category Expression is syntactically invalid”

I have tried searching the error message but I am also not seeing it appear in other events. Can you answer the below questions:

• What version of assyst are you using?
  • I have noticed there is an expression in the question, which is highlighted blue. What expression are you applying and does the error go away if it is removed?
  • It might be worth typing in (EVENT_CATEGORY_NAME) instead of copy and pasting, just in case there is hidden characters being copied in.
Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hello Muhammad ,

The message from your screenshot shows that the expression you used is invalid.
"Category Expression is syntactically invalid"

I am not sure which assyst version you are using, but from assyst 11.6  any of the standard legacy keywords used in expressions are no longer supported. Legacy keywords typically start with a $ sign and are followed by keywords in upper-case letters such as <code>$AFFECTED_USER_SC</code>.

Note that keywords with a special function including $CURRENT_VALUE, $DEFAULT,
$DYNAMIC_TASK_VALUE and $NO_VALUE continue to be valid in Extended Keyword Notation.

If you are using previous version of assyst, could you explain what you are trying to achieve by applying an expression on the category? do you want to subtitue a task? What is the condition for the new value to be applied?

Regards,
Caroline