Question

Opening a workflow task on the Required By Date

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Team,

We have a requirement where for a Service Request we want to open a task on the “Required By” date of the Service Request.

Is there a way to a have a condition on a task in Process Designer to open it on the “Required By” Date?

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Verma

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Manish Verma , good idea would be to look for an event or command as solution to trigger such workflow. Could you please specify in more detail your requirements for this process? IFS APP version and screenshots with description of desired outcome would help a lot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @marcin.mrozik, Suppose, today I submit a Service Request and keep the Required By Date as 15th May, 2024. I want the workflow should run as expected that when one task closes, the next opens. But the last decision task of the workflow should open only on the “Required By” Date that is on 15th May, 2024. We don’t want this decision task to open before 15th May, 2024. Is this possible?

assyst version: 11.7.3

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Manish, 

You could have a task in your workflow which uses triggers the ETM to take a custom Future hold action on, using the required by date/time for the off hold action. Then when the off hold action is taken have resolution action taken to then close the task and move to the next stage. 

Its a bit around the houses and not something we’ve actually built in our ETM so I couldn’t give you a copy of a raw ETM datamappers to help you along the way. 

Regards

Kevin