Question

Missing names in my Delegations

• 25 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

We have run into situations where an end user is trying to add another end user as their Delegate using the self-service portal but the persons name never shows up to select when searching. 

I verified the contact user and assyst alias user records are created correctly and also verified that they have event Privilege = Delegation as part of the privilege group on the user alias record.

We have other people that are able to add delegates without issues, but in some cases valid user names are not selectable for some reason.

Has anyone run into this before and is so what was the root cause?

6 replies

Badge +1

Can you check if the user alias is unique even if it is on a discontinued user?

Badge +6

Hi Andrew thanks for the reply.

We use the exact same user alias for all our contact users.

Also the issue I’m having is with active users not discountinued.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Delegation will only work if you have an unique alias for each contact user. If you have the same alias for all contact users the delegation functionality will not work.

please see the following article in the wiki:
Delegating Authorizations and Decisions in the Self-Service Portal - assyst11-6Wiki (axiossystems.com)

Badge +6

Hi Dimitri - sure enough this was the issue.

What was odd is the duplicate record was discontinued but it still prevented it from showing up on the add delegate search. I deleted the duplicate and then the delegation worked as expected.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Perhaps you can raise an incident with our service desk that discontinued records should not be taken into account when it comes to delegations?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Badge +6

I put some notes in the ticket I had thanks