Question

Disable Submit Button on Customiser Form

• 22 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We have a non-service catalogue form that we are using to direct staff to the Service Catalogue when needed.  However, staff are not able to resist temptation to click the Submit button and so raise an unnecessary call  :-))

I’m sure I remember being told how to disable the button and have a form purely as an informational one but, for the life of me, I can’t remember what is needed.  Is there a way to do this, please?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Tick the read-only option in the service designer. I find it does grey out the text on the form so you might need to modify some CSS too.

Badge +5

Hi,

This may not be the method you have been told previously however - if you have a service configured within the Service Designer for this form, you can check the ‘read-only’ box.

This will prevent colleagues from submitting a call.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thank you for your replies, but the form is in the Support side of things, so not in the Service Catalogue.  As such, there’s no entry in the Service Designer to amend.

As a stop-gap measure to try and avoid the button being pressed, I’ve amended the forms to have a big blank space between the text/URL-redirection section and the bottom of the form so that the button is scrolled off the bottom of the visible screen.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

From assyst 11.3.1 it is also possible to add Service Offerings that are URL links (External links) and don’t log calls.

Managing Offerings in the Service Designer - assyst11-4Wiki (axiossystems.com)