Solved

assigning decisions and tasks based on a previous process' task

• 9 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

We manage our Problems using a specific template process. This process start with a decision to validate whether or not the problem exists. If the problem exists, then a new task of the “Investigate issue” category is created. After its resolution then a new decision task is created to define if the problem will be accepted as is or if an RFC should be logged to remmediate the issue.

I’d like to know if it’s possible to use task expressions to define the assigned service department for following decisions ans tasks based on the service department who lastly resolved the issue investigation task. As far as I’m concerned, EventDTO has only methods related to lastAction and lastActioningServDept. However, I need details about the resolution of the first task of a specific category.

I wonder if there’s a way to use only task expressions or if I should use something like Action Processor to update problem’s additional fields and them reference those custom fields in the following Serv. Dept expressions.

Regards,

Otmar

icon

Best answer by Steve Exley 16 August 2022, 15:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Otmar

I think the expressions can only access the task or the tasks parent therefore the approach to issues like this that I have deployed in the past involves doing a subsequent assign on that decision task and using the data_generation feature of Smart Mail to obtain my target Service Department and or user.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Steve,

I’m not very familiar with data generation, but from what I could understand from the docs, I’d need a rule to be triggered from action processor and then have a first data_generation activity to execute a custom SQL to extract those values from the parent process and a next activity to execute an action based on the variables extracted from the data_generation activity?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Otmar

Exactly right - use the data_generation to obtain the variable value of the Service Department you wish the Task or Tasks to be assigned to and then use the new_action_ejb activity to perform the assignment for you 

{ "new_action_ejb",
                eventId        = [[ EVENT_ID ]],
                remarks         = [[ "Auto assigning."]],
                actionTypeId     = [[ lookup{"ActionType", "ASSIGN"} ]],
                assignedServDeptId     = [[ lookup{"ServDept", MY_SVD_VARIABLE_NAME} ]],
             },