Solved

Work Task Transactions - Automatic Authorization

• 5 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have setup the system definitions to set automatic authorization of Work Task Transactions.

However, still I have to authorize it manually using RMB. 

Is there something that I’m missing here? Any configuration setup or functionality  needed? something like scheduled task, etc.? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Nimesh

icon

Best answer by Nipun Gunaratne 5 November 2021, 14:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Nimesh,

In APP10 version the auto authorization will take place at the moment the Work Task, the transaction is connected to is set to status Reported.

The reason for the change is to do the authorization as late as possible in the flow. By that we try to support as many of our flows as possible and thus also as many of our customers as possible. Can you please have a look again.

Although your transaction type is expense, external or tool you have to TRUE other 3 fields as well.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

Hi @Nipun Gunaratne 

Thank you for the reply.

However, I still don’t understand why it does not authorize the reported transactions automatically. Could you please explain it bit more?

In addition, we only have transaction type Personnel, Inventory and Purchase in use at the moment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Nimesh,

In Application Base Setup\System Setup\System Definitions, Object properties, you have four different system parameters to define if you want to use automatic authorization or not for posting lines on work orders. The name of these parameters are:
• AUTO_AUTH_SIGN (authorization of time) 
• AUTO_AUTH_SIGN_EXP (authorization of manual expense) 
• AUTO_AUTH_SIGN_EXT (authorization of manual external) 
• AUTO_AUTH_SIGN_TOOL (authorization of tool time)

All these parameters can either have value TRUE or FALSE.
TRUE = automatic authorization should be used.
FALSE = automatic authorization should not be used, i.e. all authorization should be done manually.

If any of these parameters are defined as TRUE, the value from the system parameter DEF_AUTH_SIGN should be used for the automatic authorization of that type of posting rows. The system parameter DEF_AUTH_SIGN will by default have the user SYS as value. This also means that the user SYS (or any other value) needs to be defined as a user on a company to be able to be used for automatic authorizations.

Then after time reports, you have to change the work task status to ‘reported’ Then automatically cost lines work task transaction status will changed to ‘authorized’. Check for newly created lines after the change, not for existing records.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nipun

Thank you @Nipun Gunaratne This solved my issue.