Solved

Work order postings errors

• 26 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello,

I would like some help to understand how postings works for Service and maintenance module (IFS V8).

I need to use operations and time reports on work orders but the use of these functions create postings on which I have some issues. After authorizing postings, when I want to change WO status to Finished, I get an error message : " There is no project cost/revenue element to code part value ". I tried to Exclude from project follow-up the involved code part value but I had another issue when I changed WO status "Project Connections cannot be created for this account". I would like to know how to configure postings/accounts in order to finish work orders with operations and time report ? Is it required to set up a project cost/revenue element to use postings in Service and maintenance module ?

Also, I don't understand what is the link between work orders and project because in my tests I never linked work orders with project activities,

Regards,

Nicolas

icon

Best answer by Yasanthi Gunawardena 26 July 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Nicolas,

When there is no project activity connected to the work order, system should not check for the project cost/revenue elements for the code part values when finishing the work order. Not sure which service pack level you are in APP8, but in SP2 the issue is resolved.

Kindly check whether following workaround would be helpful to resolve the issue, (only if the Project Module is installed);

Accounting Rules/Code String/Project Cost/Revenue Elements – set one of the elements as ‘Default’.
Accounting Rules/Code String/Project Cost/Revenue Element per code part Value – a value is defined for the relevant code part

Thanks and Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Yasanthi,

Thank your for your answer,

I believe we are in SP1, can you tell me what are exactly service pack levels ?

Your solution to set up one project cost/revenue elements as ‘Default’ is working but our financial department don’t want us to use it as we don’t use project module,

Nicolas

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Nicolas,

IFS Applications software version and Service Pack is made up of a specific set of IFS components and component patch sets. So, the bugs patched after service pack 1 are available in next available service pack levels. So, it is possible to upgrade to a newer patch set.

If not, you can raise a support case for this issue, so that you will be able to get the related patch.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Yasanthi

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Yasanthi,

Thank you very much for all your informations, I will get closer with my informatic department to choose  a solution,

Best regards,

Nicolas