Question

Work Order Journal - Track Work Assignment and Work Task time changes

• 30 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 87 replies

Hi, we want to be able to track changes to the Planned/Allocated Start date fields (old val/new val, and when it was changed) on Work Assignments and Work Tasks, in the Work Order Journal.

Currently the Journal tracks various other changes with old/new values, but not Planned Start and Allocated Start.

How can we achieve this?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Garak ,

We have a similar tracking for ‘Planned Start’ date in Oil & Gas Extension, IFS Application 10. There, if you change the planned start date of a work task, you will need to enter a reason for postponing and you can easily identify the postponed work tasks from the check box. Original planned start date is also available.

However, this functionality is not available in core IFS Application 10. If you wish to have this functionality in core, I think you will have to do a customization.

Thanks & Best regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is there a way to do this via an event action or configuration rather than a customisation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Garak ,

The method Active_Separate_Util_Api.Add_Wo_Journal_Entry implemented in O&G and calling from the client there. In core application this is not available. Therefore, you will not be able to achieve this by an event action.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the info @Nethmini Kosvinna, if we can’t do it that way, I can see on the JT_TASK and JT_EXECUTION_INSTANCE DB rows that it tracks the object version and has an object id.

Is there somwhere where previous versions of the row/object are stored which I could query, or does the old version get wiped out on change and the version is only for informational purposes?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Garak,

If I understand your requirement correctly you can use a custom event for JtTask logical unit to activate only when the planned date or planned start changed. Something like this

Then create a execute online sql event action to pass these information to work order journal api new method to insert a new record. You can use the new record and old record values like below to activate only when the dates are changed.

I haven’t tried this just a possible path to try out. If you need implementing asstiance kindly raise a support ticket to our consulting team. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahan