Question

Task completed in mWO not updating to Work Done

• 9 January 2024
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I cannot isolate why some tasks that are completed in mWO are not updating the Work Task to Work Done status. In the example below, we have a 2-task work order, with each task having 1specified person resource demand (no other demands). Each task was assigned to the same resource as the demand, and then transferred to mobile. Task was completed in mWO, no outstanding steps or materials, etc., then returned. Reviewing the task shows the following results:

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Please check Failed Transactions to see if an issue has occurred with a transaction from MWO for the Work Tasks that have not been set to Work Done.

You can read about Failed Transactions here: Failed Transactions - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No failed transactions for that User

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Have you Initialized the app? If so checked the Deleted Failed Transactions. As soon as you Initialize any pending Failed Transactions will get removed and shown in Deleted Failed Transactions.

Cheers

James

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I re-initialized the app, checked Deleted Failed Transactions, nothing in there since last Friday, and this WO & tasks were just created this morning (MST), I sent you a message on Teams

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @lamaus 

In addition to the previous replies, may I know whether you created an assignment directly from the resource demand line, or was the assignment created when you transferred the task to mobile ?

I ask because, when you have unallocated demands, tasks will not go for work done although all work assignments are completed.

So if you have added a single demand line for a task, it should be allocated.

Steps:

1. Create work order
  2. Add work task
  3. Go to Resources tab in child table of work task
  4. RMB on resource tab > Assign work > Allocations on Demand
  5. Select the work task
  6. Add new on child table
  7. Give the user who you need to transfer assignment to mobile on “Allocated To”
  8. Save
  9. Go to work assignment tab, assignment has been created.
  10. RMB on work assignment > Transfer to mobile

If you follow these steps, once you complete your task on mobile, in IEE also task will be go to status “work done”.

In case if you add resource demand and then transfer the task to mobile by RMB on task, (without allocating resource for demand line) you will experience, tasks are not going to work done status although you have completed task on mobile.

Therefore please check this concern as well, which might help.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I think I have isolated the problem. If there is a resource demand, and assignment is made from the demand, work completed in mWO results in Work Done status on the work task(s) as expected. If I use the option to "Assign Multiple Tasks" from Prepare Work Order screen, work completed in mWO results in Work Started status on the work task(s). I've tested this with single task WO, multiple task WO and get the same result. Seems that option is broken somehow.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

As you have identified correctly, the issue is with how the resources have been allocated.  The action ‘Assign Mutltiple tasks’  creates direct allocations. This is the expected behaviour for this action according to the documentation. 

(refer http://clouddocs/ifsdoc/Greenhouse/Documentation/en//WorkTaskManagement/AboutManualResourceAllocation.htm)

Since this is considered as an unallocated demand still remaining ( i.e. work left to do ), the task is not set to Work Done automatically.  The issue is not related to mobile and the same behaviour is there in IFS Cloud too. (As this validation happens in backend logic ) . 

Regards,

Uthpala

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you - the link you provided did not work but I was able to find it here: https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/23r1/WorkTaskManagement/AboutManualResourceAllocation.htm

Badge +2

Hello, we are having the same issue as above. When assigning multiple tasks, the system defaults to direct. However, once the assignment is complete, the task then goes to Work Started, not Work Done as it seems like it should.

We are rolling mobile maintenance out at one of our facilities using Tech Portal on Aurena Apps 10 starting Monday Jan 22, 2024. We anticipate pushback from our employees due to this not working as expected. At this point we see 2 workarounds: 1) either assigning each task individually instead of assigning multiple at once- which is very time consuming. 2) removing all resources from tasks, as this allows the task to be set to Work Done once complete, even when direct allocation is used- however there is no apparent way to “mass” remove resources.

If there was an option to select Direct Allocation or Allocations on Demand when assigning multiple tasks, that seems like it would solve the issue. But maybe we’re not understanding correctly, or there’s more details. The above reply does not seem to make sense- where it states that assigning multiple tasks uses direct, but then it’s still considered as unallocated demand...it seems like once complete- the assignment has been allocated and performed, so the task should go to Work Done.

Please confirm. Thanks, Joe

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@Uthpala @James Ashmore 

Hey Uthpala and James,

This doesn’t make sense to me.  If something comes back from the tech portals or mobile that’s been taken to completed, why in the world would it not change the status to work done?

Jb

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Because you have chosen to assign multiple tasks so thats what the system is expecting.

This isn’t an MWO or Tech Portal specific design. Its core Work Order and Work Task processing.

Cheers

James

Badge +2

Hi James, if we disregard Tech Portal / MWO and set the assignment to Complete in IEE- the task does not go to Work Done as it seems it should. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with MWO or Tech Portal. Rather, the issue seems to be when direct allocation is used- it does not go to Work Done. This only occurs if there is a recourse on the task. When there is no resource on the task, direct does go to Work Done as expected.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Direct allocation have no connection back to the resource demand and by that the resource demand is seen as unforfilled and by that the work task will not be automatically set to Work Done.

Please see Assign multiple tasks - All resource persons are available to pick | IFS Community for a more extensive explaination.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Uthpala @James Ashmore @JerryB Jerry has a fair comment. We often use resource demands for tools in addition of labor demands. While we close the labor demand through the complete process explained, the tool demand remains open because used as an information only (not meant to drive any allocation). The work task will remain started even if it is work done in real life. This is another example explaining that this process delivered in IFS is not straightforward on the field. It might mean it should be revisited as the core product might not meet customer requirements, shouldn’t it ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Bertrand Dousset as mentioned above. This isn’t a MWO or Tech Portal specific design. Its core Work Order logic.

I suggest you add this as an Idea so it can be directed and reviewed accordingly

Cheers

James