Solved

Superior SM Object ID and Create SM Object

• 14 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

On the CO lines weh ave the columns ‘Superior SM Object ID and ‘Create SM Object’. It was my understanding that we checked ‘Create SM Object’ when we wanted a Part Serial to be converted into a Serial Object at delivery, and that the ‘Superior SM Object ID’ was used to put that Serial Object in the structure so that it was visible in the Equipment Object Navigator.

But I noticed recently that it does not exactly work as I imagined because when I create a CO line for an already existing Serial Object (delivered to customer from stock) - I didn’t use ‘Create SM Object’ because I thought I didn’t need this when the Serial Object already existed. But it turns out the object is not placed in the Equipment structure. 

Is this corect behaviour? AM I missing something here?  Can anybody tell me more about the those 2 columns because I feel I don’t have a full idea on their behaviour.

Best Regards

Roel

icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 20 February 2022, 02:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Roel,
Your understanding is correct as mentioned in the first part. ‘Create SM Object’ option will create an Serial object in Service Management when you deliver the order and if you  have added ‘Superior SM Object ID’ at the same time then created serial object will be attached as a child serial for the selected ‘Superior SM Object ID’. I.e. The generated serial object will be show as a connected object in the Object Navigator of ‘Superior SM Object ID’. 

Next when you create a CO line for an already existing Serial Object without enabling the option ‘Create SM Object’ but just adding a ‘Superior SM Object ID’ then the function will be, the amount and revenue for the sales part is inserted to the object chosen in this column but the existing Serial object will not be added to the selected Superior SM Object ID.
However if you want to connect the existing serial to a  ‘Superior SM Object ID’ then you may to go to "Equipment Object Navigator" and manually add the serial object (already existing) to the Superior SM Object ID in "Objects" tab.

Refer the Help tips as well below for "Superior SM Object ID".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Kasun

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Kasun Manuranga 

Thanks for your answer. The situation of our customer requires them to change Serial Objects quite often. They would move from Object A to Object B and afterwards to C after inspections/repair or firmware upgrades. So in order to minimize the amount of administration we are looking for a way that requires the least amount of manual steps but simultaneaously keep good track of where all Serial Objects are at any given point en to what structure they are belonging at that moment.

So if I understand correctly, it is not a problem to have check ‘Create SM object’ even though it is already created, is that correct? Are there any negative side-effects that we should be aware of?

Best Regards

Roel