Solved

Sorting columns

• 27 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 56 replies

Hi, Is there any way to add a sorting parameter to these side bars? IFS doesnt recognize that 2 digits are less than 3 digits  

icon

Best answer by Kalana Surendra 30 August 2022, 05:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @mmoss ,

I have check the sorting parameter in different windows (prepare wo, customer order, purchase order), except object groups (due to lack of data to sort)  in our core Envs (21R1 CORE & Aurena Apps 10),  it seems like there is a sorting issue on those windows. As you mentioned IFS doesnt recognize that 2 digits are less than 3 digits  and letters too. I think you shoud raise a support ticket to investigate the issue further. 

Cheers,

Kushan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Perhaps there is no sorting at all? In general, sorting can affect performance badly since we force Oracle the whole result set. In screens with many records, and especially for complex objects, my guess is that sorting is not done by default.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Usually this happen when the data type for the column is not a numeric one. Instead a string (varchar) type is used to store the digits as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Usually this happen when the data type for the column is not a numeric one. Instead a string (varchar) type is used to store the digits as well. 

That was my first thought, but it does not look like it's the case of you look at some of the examples. The case you mention is quite common though, and is not a bug in most cases.