Question

Prohibit automatic issue of inventory parts in MMR, allow only manual issue method

• 14 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello!

Please tell me, is it possible to limit the method of issue off material in an maintenance material order? It is necessary to prohibit the automatic issue of some inventory parts. Only manual issue should be available.

Are there any special settings in the inventory part catalog?
If you solve such a problem using a trigger, then how can you determine that there is an automatic issue and not a manual issue?
The package shows that different methods are called to perform these actions, but in the end there are no parameters by which it could be determined that the material was issued off manually or automatically.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Anastassia.Efimova I’m not aware of any such functionality.

Anyways, what might do the trick would be to setup a part availability control → that doesn’t allow automatic reservation.

Then assign this part availability control to the stock that is to be consumed by the MMRs. This way, since automatic reservation isn’t possible, then also automatic issue should be blocked I think.

It’s worth giving it a try I guess.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Marcel.Ausan Thanks for the advice. We tried it, but it doesn't work. Despite the fact that auto-reservation has been prohibited, the system still allows auto-reservation and then auto-issue.