Question

Preventive Maintenance on Fixed Assets

• 27 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Our client uses Serial Objects in his Manufacturing process. He has asked to implement 2 features:

1. Add the Serial Objects as a Fixed Asset so it can be connected to the correct Acquisition account and they can use Depreciation Methods. What is the easiest way to achieve this?
  2. The Serials Objects require Preventive Maintenance (both internal and external). I’m trying to set up a PM program but I am unable to connect any Work Task Templates (I checked Status, Sites, Action) but LOV does not provide a single applicable Work Task Template.

I’m looking forward to your suggestions.

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Timmermans Roel,

1. Fixed Asset Object Connection-

‘Fixed Asset Object’ connection can be done by using the Code Part Information. (Serial Object > Code Part Information or Functional Object > Code Part Information). By this way it is possible to connect/defines a Fixed Asset for an object.

1. Please make sure that you have already defined the needed site under Valid for Sites within the Work Task Template as well (& then in PM program as well) as unless the both are matching the details won’t be enable to add.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I am not sure whether you are referring to ‘Serial Objects’ or ‘Serial Parts’ in the manufacturing process. If manufacturing process is used, the outcome can be a ‘Serial Part’ which will not have a ‘Serial Object’. Unless I am unaware of any new features that creates serial objects as well. If the items that you are referring is serial objects, then the process described above by @Mithila Rathnayake  will work, you will have to do the same in ‘Serial Objects’ screen instead of ‘Functional Objects’. You may want to take utmost care when connecting Serial/Functional Objects with Fixed Asset object especially when work tasks are executed with PR/PO’s which will try to post to the acquisition account. If for some reason you had to cancel a PO receipt connected to a Work Order (Fixed Asset preposted Object) you may end up with erroneous transactions which are irreversible.