Solved

PM Action Due Date vs Actual Finish Date

• 8 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Is there a way of identifying the ‘Due Date’ of a completed PM Action?

Once a PM Action has the Work Order Generated and Closed, the Due Date is removed and the Planned Date updates to the Date the Work Order was prepared.

I need a way of knowing what Planned Date was so I can report ‘Required Maintenance in a Period’ vs ‘Completed Maintenance in a Period’.

How do I best achieve this? 

icon

Best answer by Thommy 20 October 2021, 16:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @lisa.gilesAB ,

What is the IFS application and the UPD you are using ?

Thanks ,

Nethmini

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @lisa.gilesAB 

If you are using Application 10 the Due Date stays even after closing of the Work Order, so I assume that you are not using Application 10 but an earlier release.

Without testing it out in your version, I would think that you would need to go on the planned and actual dates on the Work Order to get what you want.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am using IFS App 10. Once the Work Order has been generated the Due Date and Planned Date are clearing so I have no way of measuring when the Task should have been completed as I can no longer see that information? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What update are you running on?

What I could conclude was that the Due Date stayed in the version I did a quick test, but as you say the Planned Dates are cleared.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am on Update 11

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Tested on Update 11 and with Calendar based PM the Due Date stays.

But perhaps you have another setup then I test on.

Anyway, the only way forward as I see it is to make use of the dates on the work tasks created from the PM to do the ‘Required Maintenance in a Period’ vs ‘Completed Maintenance in a Period’. 

The other way would be to make use of the maintenance window Earliest Start -- Latest Finish and compare Last Work Task Completion Date (or Last Work Task Step Completion Date if you are merging PM’s) with that date window.