Solved

Non assigned counting criteria on maintenance engineer portal

• 14 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi All!

When I create a new task from the maintenance engineer portal,

not all of the new reported work task are counted by the NON ASSIGNED element. But when I assign a resource manually  to the task, the ASSIGNED element counter increases.

What are the criteras to make a new report get counted as a non assigned task?

Thank to all your advices

icon

Best answer by Nethmini Kosvinna 16 March 2023, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Andryis ,
If you have a resource demand defined under the work task and if you are a member of that resource group, once the work task is released you will see this task under Unassigned tile of the Maintenance Engineer portal.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna 

Than for your answer. I did some test and it works. But there between some gaps on the lobby. If I don’t add any resource demand or I forget to release the task, there is no reminder or alert that tells the workshop manager that he has to do something else (Add resource demand and release the tsak).

What if I modify the lobby to see all WO/task created from Report problem. It’s stay as unassignet until a resource demand is set end the work tast released? Do this change the next step of the process through the maintenance engineer portal?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Andryis,

Main idea behind having a Unassigned Tile is :
When you have unassigned tasks in the lobby (released work tasks with the resource demand), users can attend to these work tasks if they have enough time after completing their assigned work. Only released work tasks are displayed here as status ‘Released’ is used when the work task is fully prepared and is ready to start. Logged in user’s connected resource group is another filter so that he/she will see only the tasks that requires his/her skills.

However, if you wish to configure this lobby as your requirement suggested above I don’t see any issue there.

I would also like to suggest you following as well.
1. You can add a warning using an event action if someone is trying to release a task without adding a resource demand.
2. You can also use the lobby ‘work task management’ or create a new lobby page as per your requirement giving permission only for the person who is doing final preparations of work tasks.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini