Solved

Move Serial Object to Inventory

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

On serial objects placed in the equipment structure, there is an option to return a serial object to inventory - "Move to Inventory". The reason to return the Serial Object to Inventory could be for sending it for repair or to take care of an old component as an extra spare object. 

But it is not possible to return the serial object to Inventory if the Part No linked to the object only has Serial Tracking "At receipt and Issues" and the Serial Tracking "In Inventory"=FALSE. The selection "Move to Inventory" is only enabled when the Part No connected to the serial Object has the Serial Tracking "In Inventory"=TRUE

I tested and it is the same behaviour in: APP10 UP16, as in Cloud 22R2 UP5.
My customer says that from a logistics perspective, it is highly desirable not to track their parts in stock, only in part serial.

Why is it not possible to return a serial object to stock if the item is not serial tracked in stock? The serial tracking is anyway in the part serial catalog.

Best Regards,
Jonas Hermansson

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 14 March 2023, 05:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Compare when the Part No is Serial Tracking "In Inventory"=TRUE.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Same behaviour in APP10 SP16.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This seems to be suspicious.

The “Move To Inventory” command create WO with a defaulted Return line and returns it into Inventory. As a workaround here, a manual WO with a manually added Return line would work good.

I hope this will help ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The work around described above by Mayura Wasantha is working. 

But I have reported the issue to the Support through Service Center on case: CS0127098  - ‘Serial Object selection -Move to Inventory is not enabled for Part No Not tracked in Inventory’,

Best Regards,

Jonas Hermansson