Solved

How the AssetStartStopEvent in APM module works?

• 30 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

How the AssetStartStop Event works in APM Module? Please advise.

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 7 February 2023, 17:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Could you be bit elaborative of the question please? Which part of APM are you referring to, Data ingestion? Operationalization or visualization ?

Badge +4

Could you be bit elaborative of the question please? Which part of APM are you referring to, Data ingestion? Operationalization or visualization ?

Hi Mayura,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know the complete process. It is required to register Asset Start time and stop time. And would like to see, whether machine is running or is it stopped. How much time machine ran for a day. etc.,,,

Regards,

Ram

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Mayura,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know the complete process. It is required to register Asset Start time and stop time. And would like to see, whether machine is running or is it stopped. How much time machine ran for a day. etc.,,,

Regards,

Ram

Yes it is required to register Start Time and Stop Time (Probably with a sub category such as Planned Stop, Unplanned Stop or Production Halt). These are usually expected to receive as machine/IOT data.

Once data is in there, we have proper visualizations :Please refer the images below,

By the way, i would like to request you to refer the Academy Materials in 21R1 to get a full process  of this.

I hope this will help.

Badge +4

Hi Mayura,

Thanks again. I watched the video, it is good and it cleared some of my other doubts.

I have few below queries:
 - So the Category for the events will be either ‘START’ or ‘STOP’ and then we give subcategory as Planned Stop, Unplanned Stop or Production Halt, correct?
- Is it possible to give different other sub categories, then how APM page will display?

-Is it possible to give different Machine statuses.other than ON/OFF/IDLE?

-How availability is calculated? and is it possible to also add Utilizations?

Kindly check and advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Ram

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please see the answers below,
 - So the Category for the events will be either ‘START’ or ‘STOP’ and then we give subcategory as Planned Stop, Unplanned Stop or Production Halt, correct?  - YES
- Is it possible to give different other sub categories, then how APM page will display? - YES we can give different other sub categories. It will be saved in the DB Table. However in case of APM detail page, a new card needs to be added. That is not a configurable feature at this point, hence a code change is needed.

-Is it possible to give different Machine statuses. other than ON/OFF/IDLE? - YES

-How availability is calculated? and is it possible to also add Utilizations?  - It checks for sum of all unplanned stops during the selected period of time in the APM page. A= (Period of Time - Sum of Unplanned Stops) / Period of Time

Badge +4

Hi Mayura,

Thanks for your reply. Can you guide, how to give different Machine statuses, Please?

Regards,

Ram

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Mayura,

Thanks for your reply. Can you guide, how to give different Machine statuses, Please?

Regards,

Ram

It s setting in your Node=Red design flow. In the given example we have On/OFF/Idle. 

Badge +4

Thanks for the help. Mayura. :)