Solved

Generating Invoice Preview through Generate Invoice preview Window

• 19 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi, 
I’m having troubles generating invoice preview for a service contract. The following error message is coming. Want to know the missing steps. 

For the service contract I have connected a work order and Sales lines are there for the work order. 
When I check the invoice preview no invoices has been created for the sales lines either.  

Steps. 
1. Go to window Generate Invoice preview. 
2. Select the customer, site, Service contract pre created.
3. Click OK 

Please help 
Thank you

icon

Best answer by Thilini Kumarasinghe 20 July 2021, 13:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Dhananji,

Can I know whether this error is related to the core functionality or do you observe this in a customer environment, where customizations are available ?

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Thilini, 

I observed in the customer, customization available environment. In the core environment for Generate Invoice Preview , selection of the service contract is not possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Dhananji,

Since the issue is related to customization, you will need to check the specification. However kindly follow below steps  to get rid of the error and create invoice preview.

1. Select the service contract you have created.
  2. In the services tab, fill the mandatory details and in addition enter, invoice type = resources used, invoice on = work task, work task status =  reported, cust order type = SEO, Select “Create order in released state” (customized).
  3. In Scope tab, enter an object id as well.
  4. Activate the contract.
  5. Now create a service request for the same customer used in the service contract, enter the same object and service contract details.
  6. Navigate to prepare workorder form using “Prepare” option.
  7. Add a work task, release it.
  8. Enter an sales line  (You may report time and make sure the sales line created has sales part connected and the state is Invoiceable).
  9. Set the task to reported.
  10. Now try to create invoice preview.

Hope this will answer your query.

Best Regards,

Thilini

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Thilini Kumarasinghe  Thank you for the information. :)