Solved

Documentation/Live use cases on RFID usage

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

@Mayura Wasantha @Krishantha @AvinduHendawitharana @TsuRusseM 

Hey Guys,

How you guys doing? 

We have a large customer wanting information on RFID usage.   We saw a few posts that were old and not really detailed.  Do you have anything written up we could look at?  Russell is scoping what they think their use case and will add more specific information but I’m sure we must have something written up for using it to pull in asset ids and spare parts.  Has it been used with mWO?  Has it been used with WaDaCo?  Will it work in Apps 10 and Cloud?  Any hardware requirements...etc. 

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 11 April 2024, 09:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello Jerry, Nice to talk to you, back. 🙂

We don’t have any specific documentation written up for RFID usage. At least not with the Release or Product documentation. As you have seen on previous community communications, we discussed the possibilities that were open up with the introduction of integration API for observations along with relevant BPA designs. But RnD has not met/supported any live use cases yet in the area. 

Having said that, I can see information on workplace, where customer projects handled RFID/Barcode usages in the areas of mWO and WaDaCo with necessary hardware/software add-ons.  

Could you try to talk to someone like marc.tonen@ifs.com for more information.

Do contact us if you have more inquiries.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@JerryBrowning 

Congratz to the new job!

Tsunami Tsolutions… “Exceptional People” it says, I would also say “Exceptional name” - haha! :) I suspect the “T” there is silent…

Badge +1

Thanks @Mayura Wasantha . I figured as much and told out team that would probably be the case.  The problem is we show this stuff that’s never been vetted out in the sales literature like its core functionality.  That’s why I wanted Ventechi to be a place where these sorts of offering were wrung out in the laboratory, per se, before advertised.

I accidentally made your post “The Best Answer” but I guess in reality it probably is @Mathias Dahl.  Tsunami is an unusual name but what do you expect from programming nerds.  They’re probably the most technically savvy partner in the IFS ecosystem.  I think you’d like them.

I do appreciate the quick response and hope you guys are doing well.

Take Care

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Enjoy the new job Jerry! :)