Skip to main content

Hi All,

Does anyone know why I can't add the "Detached Spare Parts List to my Work Task as shown below?

The Part Number I created is a Non-Inventory Purchase Part I created on this Site and I added components to it. When I try to add it to the Work Task is does not appear in the list of values.

@Alex_Mee 

Hi!

I think you need to see what prerequisites are needed for creating Detached Spare Part List. If you go to the product documentation,

BDR for Define Detached Spare Part List

In order to create a detached spare part list, first you need to create a detached part header. The header must be defined as a regular inventory part (in IFS/Inventory). Thereafter you can connect inventory parts and/or purchased parts to the detached part header. You can also connect other spare part lists to the list, building a multi level spare part list. To create a new detached spare part list, you can also copy spare parts from an existing detached spare part list. 

Add Spare Part List to Object

Prerequisites

• Spare parts and the detached spare part header must have been defined in IFS/Inventory
  • The detached spare part list must have been defined in IFS/Inventory.

Copy Detached Spare Part List

Prerequisites

• The detached spare part list to be copied must have been entered in IFS/Equipment. 
  • The part identity for the new spare part list must have been entered in IFS/Part Catalog or IFS/Inventory.

refer http://clouddocs/ifsdoc/24R1/Documentation/en/ProcessModels/Process_Model/EquipmentAdministration.htm

I think this will help.

Thanks

Hi @Alex_Mee  - There is a basic prerequisite in the Work Task Material Planning, stating that the Part should be registered in the Inventory. That is what applies here to show an empty LOV.  

The workaround available for adding/planning Non Inv / Purchase Parts into Work Task, is to handle it through a Purchase Requisition.

http://clouddocs/ifsdoc/Greenhouse/Documentation/en//WorkTaskManagement/ActivityEnterRequiredParts.htm

I hope this would help.

@Alex_Mee

Hi!

I think you need to see what prerequisites are needed for creating Detached Spare Part List. If you go to the product documentation,

In order to create a detached spare part list, first you need to create a detached part header. The header must be defined as a regular inventory part (in IFS/Inventory). Thereafter you can connect inventory parts and/or purchased parts to the detached part header. You can also connect other spare part lists to the list, building a multi level spare part list. To create a new detached spare part list, you can also copy spare parts from an existing detached spare part list. 

Prerequisites

• Spare parts and the detached spare part header must have been defined in IFS/Inventory

Prerequisites

• The detached spare part list to be copied must have been entered in IFS/Equipment. 
  • The part identity for the new spare part list must have been entered in IFS/Part Catalog or IFS/Inventory.

refer http://clouddocs/ifsdoc/24R1/Documentation/en/ProcessModels/Process_Model/EquipmentAdministration.htm

I think this will help.

Thanks

@Dimuthu Madhushan ,
Really appreciate the response you provided. That was quite helpful.

Unfortunately, my customer does not want to create Inventory Parts to represent the Header of the Detached Spare Parts List. They would prefer to have that be a non-inventory part. 
I personally am confused why IFS has developed this functionality to require the Header to be a Inventory Part. Seems strange.  

Ideally this is how I would envision this functionality:

Detached Spare Parts Header = “Unique ID” (free form text)

Spare Part Structure = enter multiple “Inventory Parts & Qty”

Thank you,

@Alex_Mee 

HI! It is the existing core functionality and as Mayura said if need non-inventory part planning on WT level we need to go ahead with purchase requisition process.

Thankx

@Alex_Mee

Hi!

Prerequisites

Prerequisites

I think this will help.

Thanks

@Dimuthu Madhushan ,
Really appreciate the response you provided. That was quite helpful.

Unfortunately, my customer does not want to create Inventory Parts to represent the Header of the Detached Spare Parts List. They would prefer to have that be a non-inventory part. 
I personally am confused why IFS has developed this functionality to require the Header to be a Inventory Part. Seems strange.  

Ideally this is how I would envision this functionality:

Detached Spare Parts Header = “Unique ID” (free form text)

Spare Part Structure = enter multiple “Inventory Parts & Qty”

Thank you,

Hi @Alex_Mee  We may need to assist the customer in understanding the current design and the importance of creating Inventory Parts that represent headers. IFS developed this functionality with a comprehensive perspective to ensure better tracking of quantities, locations, and movements of spare parts, as well as improved stock management, cost control, and integration with maintenance processes

In your example, even if a non-inventory part is planned as a material in the work task, how does the customer intend to proceed with subsequent material transactions such as reservation, issuance, and so forth?

I hope this would help.