Skip to main content

Dear community, 

I wonder if the following is possible? any ideas would be great. 

1. Create PR and Convert to PO for non-part line
  2. Create WO on serial object
  3. Connect PO created in Step 1 to Work Order so costs can be captured on the Work Order?

I know you can peg the Material Req demand to existing PO “manual pegging” but this is for non-inventory part or non part coded items. 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks.

David

Hi David,

There is no direct option you can use to connect already created no part purchase order lines to an existing work order.

But you can try using Divide Postings on Work Order functionality in Manual Supplier Invoice form.

Usage

Use this window to distribute the costs in a supplier invoice to a work order in IFS/Work Order Management, provided that the invoice is finally posted. This allows for internal cost follow-up on the external cost of each work order. This window is reached via the Work Order right mouse button option in the Manual Supplier Invoice and Final Posting of Supplier Invoice windows. The upper part of the window shows information on the supplier invoice. In the lower part, you can enter information for one or several work orders to which the costs in the supplier invoice are to be distributed.

1. Create a purchase order with a no part line.
  2. Receive the order. Now the purchase order is closed.
  3. Go to prepare work order create a new work order.
  4. GO to manual supplier invoice and create new invoice. Add above purchase order number to the PO Ref field.
  5. Process manual supplier invoice to posted.
  6. Right click on header go to work order.
  7. You will get Divide postings on work order window.
  8. Add work order number  to Divide posting for selected voucher rows.
  9. Posting line will be added to the work order.

Hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Thilini

@david.harmer  Hi Dave - did you ever find a solution to this one.  Have a customer with the same challenges

Hi @Vanzoezm 

We used the divide posting on the Work Order Window in the Manual Supplier Invoice screen and it worked as described, but we couldn't add it into the work order. 

In my opinion since the postings were done, that was enough.

David.

Hi @david.harmer

A quick follow up question: what version of IFS are/were you using? We have apps 10 and I’ve been unable to find this functionality at all.

@david.harmer  or @eedwards  did you ever receive an answer on this?  We are on apps9 and it works fine in manual supplier invoice form however turning on invoice workflow module now it’s greyed out on the manual supplier invoice form.  I can not find it anywhere on the final posting supplier invoice analysis form (it’s not a RMB) or posting proposal form.    @Nancy Fink  do you know?  I’ve tried updating the company with SINWOF but still no go.   We use this functionality and need a solution when invoice workflow is on.  Thank you!

Hi @Rcoubrou 

We haven’t had any luck finding this functionality in apps 10. Which is unfortunate because we feel this functionality would be really beneficial in our case. We have a scenario where we could have a PO with 3 lines if this functionality existed, but our workaround without the functionality has resulted in a PO with 150 lines. There’s still mention of the functionality in the apps 10 online documentation, too. 

This is just my own theory, but my guess is that when they introduced work tasks in apps 10 as the transactable object, there was some reason this functionality wasn’t recreated for work tasks. We’ll eventually be moving to IFS cloud , so my hopes are that that functionality will return in cloud.

@eedwards thanks for the feedback.   I think it relates to using posting proposals  (do you use that?) as on APPS9 we do not have have work tasks yet and it only broke when we started using the functionality.  I will test in Cloud and let you know. We are in the middle of testing the upgrade at the moment.    Only alternative if this is broken in Apps9  is to add a direct expense to the work order postings tab.  We do something similar when a person uses a Visa Card to pay for work order expenses so we can track those costs too.   We are in the same boat as you where we could have a PO with 150 work order requisition lines which is ridiculous for a user to do just to be able to track back the costs and have the link.  Why we were updating the manual supplier invoice in lieu of in those cases.

Thanks!