Question

Company Rental Asset from Inventory to Object structure Cloud

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Question is where we have a Serial Object which is rented out to an internal customer - which is another site in IFS, and is therefore a Company Rental Asset. This asset needs to be placed in a Structure. It is in Inventory in the ‘other’ site havening been delivered. I went to create a WO with a Material Requisition to issue the part and then place in structure - but I cannot select Company Rental Asset as the ownership of the part, and therefore I cannot issue it. Whilst it remains in Inventory I cannot have it operational on a structure. Any thoughts appreciated? Cloud 21R2 - or Cloud 22R2 if there is a better solution. 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Did you solve this? TMK there are some limitations with placing these items in a structure.

They can be defined as a Tool/Equip Object then connected to a Serial Object and this way carry the Co Owned Asset ownership. I havent played much with structures as this is relatively new with Cloud

Badge

Okay so here is the thing that if you want to transfer rental assets from inventory to object structure in IFS Company's cloud system, create an object structure that represents the asset hierarchy. Map the inventory items to the object structure, update their statuses to reflect their rental status, and create rental agreements in the system. Utilize the system's rental management features to manage the rental process and track usage.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Karlee69 - Im having a similar issue… 

The inventory part, is in stock,  therefore the Serial object location is ‘In Inventory’ - When its in this status it appears you are unable to place it within a structure. Have you had similiar issues or know how to resolve? When I rent the part to another site (in another company) im having difficulty working out how to reflect that movement in the object structure as well...

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

The key point in this process situation is that the customer is an internal customer. The process works fine for an external customer for the normal activities, but when the customer is an internal customer there is a blocker.