Question

Additional qualifications to perform a work task

• 30 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

in the resource demands or in work task template/ PM action resources we can enter ‘additional qualifications’ by RMB option. Then the additional qualifications check box will be checked for the demand line. Other than that, how do we find out about additional qualifications that are required for an employee? when we ‘assign work’ the certificate requirement is not taken as a constraint. ( we can assign to any employee in resource group).  So when we do the work assignment how can we find out which employees has the certificate ( or not!) in a resource group?  

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

You can set Qualifications on the resource group (HR Job ID) which would trigger the additional qualifications requirement on any work task.

Job and Qualifications/Competencies for the employee must be set

With those parameters you will only be able to “Allocate Resource” that have the required certificate. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you for the response. However I’m not sure this will work for my requirement. In my work task template (eg: Bi annual calibration ) there are several tasks that needs to be performed by one resource group ( Calibration technicians) but each task needs different certificate to perform the work.

So I cannot create this as a Job and assign it to whole group.

The best possible solution is to add additional qualifications at WTT/ work List/ Resources RMB additional qualifications. The employees already have the certificates entered for them in Employee qualifications.

This should be considered when we are assigning resources in the work order. 

Currently, when additional qualifications are added , ‘Allocate resource’ does not display any employees in resource group, while ‘assign work’ display all the employees in the group ( including employees who do not have the certificate ) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @SachinthaH ,

Were you able to sort out above issue? What is the IFSAPP10 UPD you are using here?

Thanks,

Nethmini 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Nethmini Kosvinna, I raised this sometime back but to the best of my memory, we did not prioritize this requirement since this will need a customization. In the standard solution, there are no validations to check the qualification in this level. We are in APP10UPD12.