Solved

IFS Cloud 22R2 - Editable Function in Page Designer

Badge +12

Hello,

in IFS Cloud 22R2, we have a property called ‘Editable Function’ in the Page Designer. I believe using this property, we can include conditions/parameters based on which the field will be marked either as Editable or Read-Only. 

But currently, it doesn’t allow us to add any conditions. Is there a specific scenario when we can use this property? Also, do we have any supporting documents or reference fields with this property enabled? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 6 March 2023, 16:05

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

@Priyanka Cecilia V as I undestand it, the problem that you have with custom attributes is that you do not prefix them with a namespace, e.g., record, parent. See if your issue is solved by using the record namespace.

record.cf_Name != null

Conditional Fields:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/ 

Condition Syntax:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/300_condition_syntax/

Badge +1

I don’t know what the “Editable Function” attribute does, however if you wanted to specify whether a field is editable or not you should use the “Editable” attribute.

Way more capabilities coming in that space in 23R1!

Dear @Alexander Heinze,

Do you by any chance have a solution to set fields in that way they are editable without clicking pencil icon?

E.g. customer label note in customer header

Looking forwards to reading from you.

Best Regards,

Jakub Wieczorek

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I don’t know what the “Editable Function” attribute does, however if you wanted to specify whether a field is editable or not you should use the “Editable” attribute.

Way more capabilities coming in that space in 23R1!

Dear @Alexander Heinze,

Do you by any chance have a solution to set fields in that way they are editable without clicking pencil icon?

E.g. customer label note in customer header

Looking forwards to reading from you.

Best Regards,

Jakub Wieczorek

I’m only aware of this one, see if that helps: Client Control Properties List - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Badge +1

Dear @Alexander Heinze,

Thank you for quick answer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Jakub,

The short answer is, no, you cannot change the edit mode in client configurations.

The editable property that Alexander has displayed controls if a field is editable or not. I think what you are inquiring about is if it is possible to change the edit mode. In IFS Cloud, you will see "Single Cell Edit," "Single Row Edit," and "Multi Row Edit." For single cell and single row edit modes, the user can place the cursor into a field and start editing. For these modes, the save is also automatic when you leave the cell or row. Multi-row edit is where you have to manually start and end a save transaction.

The different save modes are used depending on what is suitable for the expected user behavior and, of course, how the data entity is structured. I can see that not all users would agree on how "suitable" the chosen save mode is for every context. However, one must keep in mind that these modes are, by technical reasons, not directly interchangeable. There is also more to it than just switching the mode on the element in the layout.

Kind regards

Tobias Furberg