Solved

Start Date on PM Action is in the past

• 20 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hope someone can help. My customer is currently implementing IFS Cloud 22R2.

As we are migrating the historical data from the legacy system, we want to capture the due date on the calendar-based PM Action where the due date already passed. This is because not all equipment is being maintained on time and we need visibility on when it actually was due.

The problem I encountered that despite the Start Date on the Maintenance Trigger shows in the past (e.g., 01/01/2020) the Maintenance Plan generates the future date only. What we want is the Maintenance Plan to show the line for 01/01/2020 otherwise according to the Maintenance Plan this asset is only due in a couple of years, instead of being due for a while. I selected Valid From Date on the Work Task Template 01//01/2017 to ensure that all dates are valid but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

icon

Best answer by EqeRobertK 20 November 2023, 13:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @CooErikaS ,

First thing what come in my mind is teh calendar.

The maintenance plan is based on the calendar connected to the Maintenance Organisation.

So do not use the calendar field on the PM Action itself. Please check teh Maintenance Organisation Calnedar and check if the date is within the date range of that calendar. 

When you have checked that and you do not have the calendar field on the PM Action filled, you need to regenerate the Maintenance plan. 

hopefully this will solve your issue.

BR,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @EqeRobertK ,

Thanks for the reply. I looked at the calendars before raising the question but haven't found any issues with it. As you can see below the calendar assigned to the Maint Org is set from 2015.

And these is no calendar selected on the PM Action

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

That is strange.

Did you regenerate the Plan?

I cannot check this in a 22R2, I only have 23R1. So not sure if there is a bug in 22R2.

In 23R1 it is working for maintenance plan lines in the past.

Good luck,

Robert

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@EqeRobertK 

ah, forgot to press regenerate… thanks, that sorted it.