Question

Customer Order Confirmation is not sending to a customer contact

• 9 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

A customer contact does not receive customer order confirmation e-mails. However, in the order history, I can see a record when I click on e-mail order confirmation for this contact. Also, this emails I cannot find in application messages as well.

However other contacts of this customer do receive order confirmation without any issue.

Do I need to check anything in the IFS person/contact setup to resolve this?

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

If basic data set up is correct you can check whether the given e mail address is correct by sending e mail to that e mail address via Routing address - Example : Mail to some one. 

As per your description you mention that history also has the information about e mail sending history for the contact. Then that means basic data is correct. Anyway please check the below basic data.

On the Customer/Address/General Address Info tab, in the Comm. Method area, the communication method should be set to E-mail and the receiver's e-mail address must be specified in the Value field for the respective customer name. The same customer name should be given in the Customer Contact field of the Customer/Address/Sales Address Information tab.

A value in the Reference field must have been entered in the _Customer Order/Order Details tab. If a valid customer contact exists in the Customer/Address/Sales Address Information_ tab, then that value will automatically be set as the reference value, and be used as the e-mail address of the receiver.

The customer order should be in Planned, Released, Reserved, Picked, Partially Delivered, Delivered or Invoiced/Closed status.

The Email Order Confirmation option in the Customer/Sales/Sales tab (Customer/Order/Misc Customer Info)should be selected.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Dumeesha,

We checked this by adding a different e mail address to same the contact and results are the same.

Even the e mail address is incorrect there should be an application message relavent to that e mail. Isn’t it?

Further I have checked all above basic data related to order,customer and contact they are fine for me.

Thank you.

-Kavinda Jayaratne 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Kavinda_Jay ,

If this is executed in background there should be a associated background jobs for printing customer order confirmation. If any one is failed then NOTIFICATION will not generated. Please execute an example and check whether is there any background job created.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Dumeesha,

Yes, the Related background job was executed without any issues.

Thank you