Solved

IFS Cloud 22R2 - Editable Function in Page Designer

Show first post

30 replies

Badge +12

Thank you @Alexander Heinze 

Hi @Rukmal Fernando, does the conditions support if we refer to related entities other than the current entity in a specific screen in 23R2 MWO? Please advice.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

@Priyanka Cecilia V I think you’re referring to the scenario we discussed previously, of setting a field from JtTask to  be conditionally visible/editable/required based on a reference to JtExecutionInstance right?

We concluded the technical investigation on that literally today, and that specific scenario is unfortunately not something we can handle. The reason is that we came to realize that even though the projection has a reference from JtTask to JtExecutionInstance, in reality, a single JtTask instance will effectively be a wrapper for multiple JtExecutionInstance instances, so there is no logical reference from JtTask to JtExecutionInstance. The reference we tried to use is one that has been added to make some functional implementation easier.

The right way to approach references is to look at the Entity definition. Any associations defined between entities and also reflected as references on the Projection level can still be used.

I hope the above is clear and is some help, and we will be documenting this limitation and the right way to use references. Once we document this guidance properly, I will also share that with you.

Best regards,

Rukmal

@Rukmal Fernando,

Yes, I was referring to the above scenario and also another scenario which we discussed earlier. For the above scenario we tested, it worked for certain functionalities but was inconsistent. Sure, please share the document once it is available.

Second scenario: While we try to set a baseline field in JtTask to be conditionally visible/editable based on a Custom field in JtTask, it doesn’t reflect the changes. (i.e., unable to use custom fields as conditional parameters). Is this something that will be enhanced or already available in 23R2? Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Badge +12

Hi @Alexander Heinze ,

I don’t think we can use the ‘Editable’ attribute in all scenarios. The attribute is a Checkbox for most of the fields. Please see the screenshot below.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

I made the same observation and I think that this limitation was removed in 23R1, along with 

the ability to conditionally:

• Show & Hide Fields

• Control Mandatory/Required Fields

• Control Read Only Fields

• LOV Filtering

• Enumeration Filtering

• And more…

What page are you trying to modify? I can check the behavior in 23R1.

Badge +12

It would be nice if we have all these features in 23R1. 

• I’m trying to modify the “Work Details” screen in MWO Service but not limited to this screen.
  • Also a follow up question: Is it possible to Hide/Display screens in Mobile based on a condition? I’ve checked the Workflow Configuration but this is not feasible through that screen.
    • For example: Hide “My Work” screen in Mobile, if the Technician’s Work Status is “Off Shift”?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia