Question

Hide Tiles from Dashboard/Home Screen in mWO Service

• 11 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +12

Hi,

Is it possible to Hide the ‘My Misc Allocations’ screen from mWO Service? I’ve tried revoking the Security Group ‘CalendarBasedJobs’ from the Security Grants by Permission Set screen but no luck. Cleared the Security Cache and Refreshed Server Cache as well. 

Is there any other Security Group related to this screen? 

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Currently the entities related to misc. resource allocations are grouped into the “BasicData” security group which is actually not the best. We will investigate and see if we can group those into a separate security group and control the visibility of the feature in mobile.

Thanks

Sampath

Badge +12

Thanks @skullk for the response. Would you be able to kindly provide an update in which release we can expect this feature?

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We will first investigate this in the development track (23R2). Based on the results, we will decide if we can fix this in both development and cloud support tracks as well.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@skullk Hello, Is there any update on the above please? 

We are on IFS Cloud 23R2 and want to remove ‘My Misc Allocations’ from IFS MWO Service.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @SHAUN_KERSLAKE ,

Yes, just remove the MiscResourceAlloc Security group from the user permission and clear the security cache. You will then get rid of the My Misc Allocations navigation entry. 

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@skullk Thank you this has removed the option.

May I ask where we can find a definition of what each security group does, and which processes or screens are linked please?

This would be really helpful for issues like this.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@SHAUN_KERSLAKE For the moment, there is no document that explains this in details. However in general, Security Group access is needed to allow the app to retrieve the data synchronized from the server, and to view the data in relevant screens in the mobile apps.

So if any of the SG is not granted, we can expect not to see the relevant screens in mobile (and related data in local table). 

I will take a note about this request to see if we can prepare a document with more details.

Thanks

Sampath

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@skullk I think it would really help all customers understand and better administrate the setup of MWO in Cloud.

Currently unless you have this internal knowledge that you and your colleagues have, we as end users are a little blind to know what each security group does or control in terms of data and access.