Question

Employee Certificates

• 12 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I am setting up certificates per job role so our supervisors are able to maintain certificates against their reports.  When I assign a certificate to an employee the duration setup against the certificate is used.  Within the employee certificates screen, when I use the right mouse button (RMB) option to ‘Copy certificates from primary job function’, the duration is not used.  If I amend the certificate then this is used.  

Have I missed something in the setup or have I identified a bug?

We are using IFS10 UPD12

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @darren turner ,

To understand the issue better, could you please add the screen captures related to the below?

“when I use the right mouse button (RMB) option to ‘Copy certificates from primary job function’, the duration is not used.  If I amend the certificate then this is used.”

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Badge +3

Here are more details with screen shots.

In the Employee File screen in the Qualifications > Certificates tab.

When I add a certificate manually against the employee the date, I add it is used as the start date and the during set against the certificate is used to calculate the end date.

Here is the certificate ACCI

When I enter the information manually against the employee the dates display as:

I have added Job Certificates against roles to allow for all of the required certificates to be added against employees based on there job role.  Here is what is added against the driver job role.

If I delete the manually entered certificate against this employee and use the right mouse button “Copy certificates from primary job requirements” and save the record, then all of the correct certificates are added but the duration set against each certificate is not used.

It appears valid to and from dates set against the job certificates is used in place of the system adding the duration automatically.