Question

Print Document using API

• 6 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community.

Is it possible to call an API from IEE Client using a RMB or similar to Print a document in Document Management? i.e. replicate the File Operations\Print Document… function ? 

David.

IFSAPP9 UPD15

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @david.harmer ,

This should be possible as you can call/send messages to Rest end point using JSON format and the HTTP/HTTPS protocol. I recommend you to read below content. in IFS technical documentation.

You can use write a RMB menu and then invoke PL SQL code and for that. However this is more like a customization.  Detailed information provided below.

http://f1web/f1docproj/apps10sp/

You may use below pl sql code.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks @Dumeesha Wanigarathna. Not quite what i was after but thanks all the same. Not sure I have the same functionality on Apps9. 

I was hoping to call the Print method to start the Document Macro process, maybe there is another way to do this?

David.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @david.harmer ,

Sorry I misunderstood your post. Please ignore my reply. That is not relevant to your question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @david.harmer ,

File Operations\Print Document function sends the document to the local printer and it’s not possible to achieve with PL sql code.

Probably this would help to build a workaround solution using IFS report printing

Printing attachment using pl/sql or reporting rule. | IFS Community

Cheers!
Damith