javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Chain validation failed

• 5 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 42 replies

Hi there, 

Has anyone experienced this error before? Affects all IFS mobile apps - on Apps 9. 

I’ve checked all SSL certificates and all seem to be in date. I have rebooted the servers hosting uplink etc but still no joy. 

Thanks,

Kasia 

icon

Best answer by Kasia 12 May 2022, 11:14

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Have you checked if certs are SHA1 SHA256 (now needed) and TLS on the host is 1.2? If you’re below these then chances are you’ll get an SSL exception which could break the chain now.

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Have you checked if certs are SHA1 SHA256 (now needed) and TLS on the host is 1.2? If you’re below these then chances are you’ll get an SSL exception which could break the chain now.

Matt

Hey @cmlmfreeman,

Certs seem to be SHA1 SHA265… how can I check TLS? 

Many thanks! 

Kasia 

Badge +2

Easiest method to check, browse to the site URL using e.g. a modern and up to date e.g. edge browser - if that rejects, you’ve got a problem but fixing is going to be down to wherever the hosting is which I think maybe IFS for touch apps but doesn’t have to be.

Matt

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Easiest method to check, browse to the site URL using e.g. a modern and up to date e.g. edge browser - if that rejects, you’ve got a problem but fixing is going to be down to wherever the hosting is which I think maybe IFS for touch apps but doesn’t have to be.

Matt

@cmlmfreeman  thanks for all your replies! I think the issue might be with cloud.ifsworld.com 

I’ve reached out to IFS support as well. 

Thanks,

Kasia 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Matt

@cmlmfreeman  thanks for all your replies! I think the issue might be with cloud.ifsworld.com 

I’ve reached out to IFS support as well. 

Thanks,

Kasia 

Issue in fact was from IFS. Their cloud.ifsworld.com SSL certificate was expired. Therefore outside of customer’s control.