Solved

IFS Developer Studio won't save database connection for project

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Just installed the latest version IFS Developer Studio,  22.1E.9419 (Build 2023-05-11 10:06).   Once installed, I could not open my existing project.  I re-cloned the repository and once I did that, it would open the project, but now, it will not save the database connections in the project.  I have added and tested them and they are good, but when I close the screen to add them, the database still shows the broken icon:

I have downloaded the older version of IFS Developer Studio (21.82.856800), and it works fine.   I will add that we are on IFS release 10, update8.   

Thank you in advance for your help! 

icon

Best answer by BGaither 16 June 2023, 14:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @BGaither,

Could you try clearing your user and cache directories by following the steps mentioned here:

Furthermore, please check if there are any updates available through “Help → Check for Updates” in Developer Studio main menu. I have 23.1.9428 installed and do not have this problem. So it could be an issue in the particular version you have. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you for your reply.  I have tried doing as you suggested by clearing cache files and checking for updates.  It didn’t help and even though I seem to be behind you in updates, it tells me there are no updates available.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Also, I had a typo in my original post.  I am at version 23.1E.9419 (Build 2023-05-11 10:06), not version 22.   

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Also,  adding that some of my other colleagues are having the same issues with this update. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

If anyone is interested,  we got this fixed by creating a new project with the same name as our current one (different location).  Copied the nbproject/project.properties file from this new project to the same location in our current project and voila! it’s working!