Question

Error when synchronizing Custom LU attributes

• 17 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +14

I’m getting following error when I synchronizing changes on custom fields in a custom logical unit.

This type of CollectionView does not support changes to its SourceCollection from a thread different from the Dispatcher thread.

I have a persistent Text type customer_id attribute and a read only select statement attribute for company. The company attribute is using the value of customer_id. 

I’m getting this error only when I try to synchronize the changes and I have completed the work even with this situation.

But when I try to import this configuration using a application configuration package to PROD, I’m getting a validation error.

34                         Validation Result : ERROR
35                         Validation Info   : Error: The column CF$_CUSTOMER_ID refered to in table t is not an approved persistent Custom Attribute.  

(copied from import log)

This customer_id has used to connect to an existing standard window as a parent key as well. 

Could you please explain. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@MitDenukN Check the SQL in the custom field. Maybe, it is calling a custom code. Another possible solution is changing the  “t”  by a  “v”  maybe you are referencing to the view instead of the table.

Badge +14

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA , 
Company fetches the values correctly  after synchronizing. The select statement is

SELECT company FROM identity_invoice_info WHERE identity = :cf$_customer_id .

I haven’t used t in this. even though it gives an error, attributes are synchronizing with changes.

I have removed the company field and then exported the ACP again. This time I could import ACP without. But I would like to know the reason because I haven’t faced this kind of error before.

Badge +15

Hi @MitDenukN 

If you are below APP9 Update 9, there are framework level enhancements to avoid this error from UPD 9 onwards. 

In that case I would suggest to upgrade to APP9 latest UPD level depending on you support entitlement.

If you are already on or above update 9, then need further analyze this.

Regards

Manoj

Badge +14

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa, Thank you for looking into this and we are using IFSAPP9 UPD12.

I will do some further testing on this.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @MitDenukN 
I was creating a custom field, and I had the same issue.
To fix it, I created a function and passed the primary key from the view, and was able to pass the error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hello @MitDenukN 
I was creating a custom field, and I had the same issue.
To fix it, I created a function and passed the primary key from the view, and was able to pass the error.

This is the best way for now.