Question

Custom Fields in GL Balnace Analysis

• 19 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

I’m trying to make a custom field in GL Balance Analysis.

It looks like everything is fine. Rowkey is activated and it is published:

I can find the field in ACCOUNTING_BALANCE_AUTH_cfv and it does show op in IFS, but no content.

Why are my data not showing?

I’m on IFS9

BR Kresten

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @krestensb ,

Did you check whether the view(page is based on) is approved in ‘Approved detail views’ ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes  I did.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@krestensb ,

If still data is not showing up then you need to check the debug console and see if they retrieve data properly for _CFV. Hope you are familiar with that. 

I assume this is a read only field as you are expecting to show up the data when populating. If so could you please share the select query or expression you used?

Thanks,

Nadeesha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I hope this isn’t a silly question. After you added the column in the Column Chooser, did you refresh the screen to get new data?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, @krestensb I think @durette asking whether you used reload configuration? Also, can you post the Custom Field definition? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I hope this isn’t a silly question. After you added the column in the Column Chooser, did you refresh the screen to get new data?

No question is silly. Even I myself have faced this :grinning:  @krestensb  seemed to have used reload configuration as the field appears on the page. But sometimes we have to refresh to get data fetched to field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @krestensb ,

Is the custom field using a select to retrieve the name of the employee?

If so can you share the select and parameters.  

Regards,

William

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Might be that HR permissions are missing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Sure all questions are more that welcome!

Everything has been reloaded.

The field does show up in the field list and as a colum in the window,but the window doesn’t retrieve data from _CFV .

Here is the select:

select 
Code_C_Cfp.Get_Cf$_Person_Name(Authorize_Comb_Finance_API.Get_Code_Part_Text('1', 'CODEC', '8010'))
from dual

Parameters: v.COMPANY, v.CODE_C

I tried with this as well but same result:

select 1 from dual where :code_c is not null

Parameter: v.code_c

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Krestensb,

select Code_C_Cfp.Get_Cf$_Person_Name(Authorize_Comb_Finance_API.Get_Code_Part_Text('1', 'CODEC', '8010')) from dual

does this return result for the same user in SQL Query tool if you have access, you will have to prepend “AO.” before the PL/SQL call like this ‘AO.Authorize_Comb_Finance_API.Get_Code_Part_Text’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m testing this with an admin access user, so permission should not be an issue.

@infaz: yes the query does return a name.

BR Kresten

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

The only reason I can think of now is that it could probably be passing wrong/erroneous values from the Windows client to the SQL methods, as here you have hardcoded the parameters.

1. Open a debug console.
  2. Hit populate.
  3. Check whether the data from the application window is correctly passing to the backend.