Question

Connection fail - IFS REST Partner connector in Boomi

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I am trying to get/update/delete data in IFS using IFS REST Connector in Boomi. I create a new connection in Boomi using IFS REST Partner connector and basic auth for IFS App10.  I am getting following error when testing the connection.

I found a solution for this as below. Importing SSL certificate to the atom is the mentioned solution.

I would like to know how I can get the SSL certification and steps for that. Instead of importing SSL certificate, is there any other solution for this issue?

Thank you,

Sachini

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Sachini,

Below are some articles related to importing a self-signed certificate to Boomi,

Community article:

Boomi article:

https://community.boomi.com/s/article/Connecting-to-an-IFS-Applications-server-using-a-self-signed-certificate

Article on downloading the certificate:

https://medium.com/@menakajain/export-download-ssl-certificate-from-server-site-url-bcfc41ea46a2

Btw, it doesn’t seems like an certificate related issue. Can you please go through with below key point to identify the exact issue here.

• Hope your username/password is correct.
  • Did you use a local atom? (If your application instance is bound to a proxy)
  • Is it possible to connect to the IFS Application using a generic connector such as Http client, Odata client in Boomi.

Regards,

Denam

Badge +4

Hi,

Thank you so much for the information. I used a cloud atom. But when I used a local atom, connection was successful. Can I know when should I use local or cloud atom?. I don’t have permission to see https://community.ifs.com/ifs-framework-experience-employees-partners-only-109/boomi-connector-ifs-applications-rest-partner-7379.

• Is it possible to connect to the IFS Application using a generic connector such as Http client, Odata client in Boomi. ---Reply :-  I am using IFS REST Partner connector

Thank you,

Sachini

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Sachini,

The answer to your first question is that when your application instance is accessible over the internet, you can use both cloud and local atoms. However, if your IFS application is only accessible within your organization's network (intranet) and is bound to a proxy, then you have to use a local atom because the local atom uses the host machine's connection to connect to the IFS Application.

In addition, the Community article is the same as the Boomi article.

• Is it possible to connect to the IFS Application using a generic connector such as Http client, Odata client in Boomi. ---Reply :-  I am using IFS REST Partner connector  --> I was asking if you can connect to the application through a generic connector to check if the issue is specific to the IFS REST Partner connector.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Thank you.

Denam