Question

Combo box not populating in Supplier screen

• 16 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I am trying to add a new Supplier in IFS Apps10 EE but it will not allow me to save the record without entering a value to the combo box in the screen capture attached (Party Type). That is because it is not populating with the list of values in the Enumeration. I can’t see why this is happening, can anyone help. it is not a custom field.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Have you tried to reset the customized screen layout? Disable the field and try again. For me at least it doesn’t affect already inserted information into these fields. If I disable the field it lets me save the supplier information without adding anything in the combo field. For why isn’t it working I cannot say. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Have you tried to reset the customized screen layout? Disable the field and try again. For me at least it doesn’t affect already inserted information into these fields. If I disable the field it lets me save the supplier information without adding anything in the combo field. For why isn’t it working I cannot say. 

I tried resetting the customized layout and it made no difference. Even with the field disabled it won’t let me save unless I enter a value.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Have you tried refrshing all the caches?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Have you tried refrshing all the caches?

Yep tried that,  still the same.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I don’t beleive that field should be visible.  Party Type would be filled in by the IFS business logic at the point of saving the supplier.

IFS help indicates creating a supplier like so…

Procedure

1. Open the Supplier window.
  2. Create a new record.
  3. Enter the supplier ID (maximum of 20 alphanumeric characters) and the name or description of the supplier.
  4. You have the option to enter the association number for the supplier.
  5. In the Default Language list in the General tab, click and select a default language for the supplier.
  6. In the Country list in the General tab, click and select the supplier's country of origin.
  7. Specify the category of the customer in the Supplier Category field.
  8. The Creation Date field automatically shows the date when the record was saved.
  9. If applicable enter a value in the Form of Business field or choose from the List of Values.
  10. Save your record.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The issue is occurring on our DEV environment which is about to be overwritten with a a copy of our LIVE environment (and the issue is not occurring in LIVE).

So the new version of DEV should not have the problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

What’s this combobox you are showing? is that a custom field? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What’s this combobox you are showing? is that a custom field? 

No it isn’t a custom field. It’s the one circled in the screen cap I attached.