Question

Application Server Tasks - Email Body

• 28 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

Do you have any information on the suitable, compatible HTML format that we should use in the Email Body section for Application Server Tasks? I've noticed that standard HTML formats don't seem to work.

My attempts:

Hello, </ br> Fatih Temiz </ br> Best regards.

<b>This text is bold</b>

<html>
<head>
<title>Fatih Temiz</title>
</head>
<body>
Merhaba
</body>
</html>

Error: Unexpected event type [START_ELEMENT] when reading element text content at [1:239] 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.ParseException: Unexpected event type [START_ELEMENT] when reading element text content at [1:239]

Our IFS Turkey consultants have said that they do not have clear information on the subject and that they will conduct research on the matter.

I would greatly appreciate your valuable insights or support.

Best regards.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @fatih.temiz,

You are probably getting this error because you have included the tags such as <html>, <title>, <body> etc. 

When formatting the message body, consider that all things are inside the <body></body> HTML tag. 

Have a look at below example:

Event Action configuration
Resulting Email

In the Event Action configuration, notice that the Mail Sender is set as MailSender1. In the Mail Sender configuration, please make sure the content type is set to text/html as shown in below article as well:

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Charith Epitawatta , 

Thank you for your response. However, I want to write an HTML for application server tasks, not for an event. When I wrote HTML as you specified, I received the following error.

Badge +1

Hi did you get this resolved? I am getting the exact same error.

Regards Jon  

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Unfortunately, it hasn't been resolved. I couldn't find anyone who could help. Actually, if the application code were debugged, the correct HTML format could be captured from there.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello @fatih.temiz,

Just change “Content Type” to “text/html” in your mail sender at “Setup IFS Connect”.

Then u can try one more time.

If the html block doesnt works in application server and works in event action mail it could be limitation of Application Server Task module. This module has so many limitation actually.

Last option: U can write what u want in database level with html blocks and using command_sys.mail procedure, so it would be table format etc.