Question

Company name on ISO20022 payments file

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Related to case ID G2337720, creating this community post for customer’s reference.

“We are working with Bank of America to automate our ACH supplier payments.  

We are using the IS020022 payment format to send the payment file.  The file is working fine except that the Bank of America system will not accept a company name that is longer than 35 characters.  

Our legal name is longer than 35 characters.  The file appears to be pulling the name from the company screen.  I really want to keep the legal name on the company record.  Is there anything we can do to have a different company name pull into the ISO payment file?  

I did try to put a shorter name in the company's own address ID on the address that is the default for pay.  This did not work.

Best Regards,

Tharindu 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Tharindu Nadeeshan 

yes, that is possible.

You can use the varibale %SENDER% in your file name in the routing address.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

This solution appears to change the name of the file.  We want to change the company name that is included within the file.  The creation of the file pulls the company name from the company record.  I am looking to have the file pull the company name from somewhere else or override it somehow.  The bank is requiring that the file include a shortened company name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If I understand you correctly you want to add the name of the company in the xml file not as name of the file? So you want to override the current company name (from x to y) in the xml file, right?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Correct - Within the xml file, line 2 is <Nm>Company XYZ</Nm>

For example, I want Company XYZ to be changed to Comp XYZ so line 2 reads <Nm>Comp XYZ</Nm>

File is pulling Company XYZ name from the company record.  I would like to not have to change the company name on the company record just to accommodate one file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Dsquared 

OK, it should be possible in my opinion. You need to do changes in the transformer file. I recommend you to duplicate it before you do any mistakes. 

Furthermore I recommend it you if you are a developer.  Otherwise create an IFS case to do this for you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will talk to our developer to see if this is an option.